and that’s how i contributed to the fandom at 3AM
Inspired by Anita Sarkeesian’s Video Game Tropes vs Women, I wanted to pitch a Zelda game where Zelda herself was the hero, rescuing a Prince Link.
Clockwork Empire is set 2,000 years after Twilight Princess, and is not a reboot, but simply another iteration in the Zelda franchise. It just so happens that in this case, Zelda is the protagonist. I’m a very big Zelda fan, and worked hard to draw from key elements in the continuity and mythos.
This concept work is meant to show that Zelda as a game protagonist can be both compelling and true to the franchise, while bringing new and dynamic game elements that go farther than being a simple gender swap.
Hope you like it!
How do you play this thing
here are some kim pines from my sketchbook
Hey guys! Matt here again with another giveaway! It’s my 23rd birthday today, and I figure I might give you guys something! I’ve got another copy of Bastion: Soundtrack edition to give away on Steam, and I’m holding a contest for it!
- Reblog in order to enter your name in the draw! One per person.
- Reblog the entirety of this post (and keep it from being cut off) by following these instructions. Cut off posts won’t be counted.
- If you already read my writing and like what you see, consider giving me a recommendation! If you haven’t read my stuff before, check it out! I write about a lot of nerdy things, like Korra, gaming, and comics! You can find a whole bunch of my reviews (for everything!) here!
- A winner will be chosen and messaged via their ask on Saturday, July 6.
Why I’m doing this:
- To be frank, I love writing about nerdy things that one day I’d like to make a career out of it. While Tumblr’s a great blogging platform, text posts are kinda weird in that they can get lost in the sharing shuffle. Through giveaways like this, I’d like to expose my work to a new audience and possibly gain some new followers!
- Also, by giving stuff out I’d love to reward my followers with something (albeit small, as my budget is limited…) for helping me out. You guys mean the world to me, and have helped me so much. Thanks.
Anyways, thanks! If you want to give me a follow on Twitter, that would be great too!